Dark Country is an American gothic CCG based game world with NFT items, created, owned and managed by players.
What is CCG?
A collectible card game (CCG), also called a trading card game (TCG), among other names, is a type of card game that mixes strategic deck building elements with features of trading cards
How to start playing Dark Country Alpha?
In order to join Dark Country closed Alpha game testing you need to get a game link and Username/Password from the admin in the Sheriff’s office. You need to buy items for at least 100$ to enter the Sheriff’s office
Build your deck
Once you are in the game, you need to build your deck to start playing. Press the “Decks” button. Then you entered the Deck builder.
To build your deck:
- Press “New Deck”
- Choose the your deck’s race
- Fill your deck with cards by pressing on it. All chosen cards will appear on the right sidebar.
- Press Done once you are done
Find an opponent
When your deck is ready — you can try to find an opponent. To start the game you need to return in the main menu and press Play.
You should ping for playing guys from the Sheriff’s Office to decrease your waiting time.
When your opponent is found, you will get in the gamefield. Dark Country gameplay is similar to classic one. You can read details here — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectible_card_game
Dark Country game assets can be divided into 4 different groups
- Cards & Boosters
- Other assets
Dark Country cards are used to build decks for playing. There are a few types of cards, existed in Dark Country game
Exodus cards is the initial Dark Country items collection. There are 100 unique card types in the Exodus cards series with different rarities
The primary sale of Exodus packs has ended February 14th, 2020. There were 2015 Exodus packs sold. Exodus packs are not for sale anymore, so can be purchased on secondary markets, such as simplemarket.io, collectables.io
Exodus packs are available for opening now on https://darkcountry.io/unpacker
All details about Exodus cards you can find here — https://darkcountry.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012427857-Exodus-card-series
Standard cards is the next generation of Dark Country items. This packs sale started February 15th 2020 and had 2 stages
- 1st stage form February 15th till April 29th. Standard card packs with guaranteed rarity were selling. It was the last possibility to get a DC Mythical card on a primary sale.
- 2nd stage from April 30th. The sale of common Standard packs with 5 cards, randomly distributing with next probabilities: Common 65%, Rare 30%, Epic 4%, Legendary 1%
There are 100 unique card types in the Standard cards series. Standard packs will be available for opening at the end of November 2020.
Standard packs are available for purchase now here — https://darkcountry.io/shop
Some details about Standard packs from 1st stage you can find here — https://medium.com/@darkcountrygame/unveiling-dark-country-cards-details-you-always-wanted-to-know-79f096f367af
Boosters are items that are used to increase your rarer card drop chances form any Card Pack.
There are 3 types of boosters:
- Life-giving booster — increases drop chances by 1.4 multiplier
- Salutary booster — increases drop chances by 1.95 multiplier
- Reviving booster — increases drop chances by 2.8 multiplier
Each booster asset increases drop chances for rare cards and above. Boosters are sold in a pack of 5 here — https://darkcountry.io/shop
Heroes are the explorers of Dark Country lands! As you know, Dark Country game is not only a CCG/TCG. It will include city building and Dark Country lands exploring campaigns that are organically implemented in classic card game modes.
Heroes can be used in next game modes:
- Campaigns, where it is needed to explore one of four Dark Country lands locations for rare resources and artifacts.
- Arena — the place where your Hero death matches with others to get experience and rare rewards
DC Heroes are available for purchase now on DC website: https://darkcountry.io/shop/heroes
Hero Unpacker — https://darkcountry.io/heroes/unpacker
There are 35 different hero types in total, each with his own unique ability. Each Hero has 3 main stats — Health, Energy and Bag Space. These stats could be increased once items and artifacts equipped. Any Hero will have special slots for these items.
The details about DC Heroes you can get here — https://medium.com/@darkcountrygame/dc-heroes-the-explorers-of-dark-country-lands-3013c5011f50